Five years ago I married the most incredible man and became the luckiest girl! I know everyone thinks they married the most incredible man and they did....they married the most incredible man for them specifically. I never thought I would marry someone that I knew from highschool nor did I think I would be almost 29 when I got married. I always knew I would be one of the last of my friends to get married but I didnt thing I would be the very last. He was well worth the wait.
I met Zac in Aug 1990 in our 7th grade core class. I dont remember much about 7th grade and quite honestly I dont remember him being in my class. I have a 7th grade school picture of him in my scrapbook so I know that he was someone I must have talked to. He remembers asking me out in a note and me writing back with a "no" response. I have no recollection.
We had a math class together in 9th grade and I do remember him in 9th grade :) I had a crush on him and we would write notes back and forth and I would count the # of words he wrote on each note. I happened to keep all the notes he wrote me back then and I am so glad that I did.
In 10th grade we had a Spanish class together and were good friends. In 11th grade we shared a locker because I got stuck with the sophmores. I gave him a black truck for his bday (which he kept and still has). I dont remember seeing him our senior year.
He went on a mission to Alaska and I called his parents and asked for his address so I could write him. We wrote a few letters back and forth (which I kept as well) and that was that. I saw him after he got home from his mission at a mutual friends house and we caught up on life. He had a girlfriend at the time and I thought nothing of it.
In 2002 I bought my own house, moved in with Nikki Skinner, who grew up with him and was in his home ward. I would ask her if she had heard what he was up to here and there and she would tell me that he was working and living at home with his parents.
In 2004 I ran into him at a church Thanksgiving dance. It had been 5 years since I had seen him, he looked the same. I remember being excited to see him. I asked him for his ph# and he started giving me a home ph#. I asked him what his cell ph# was and he said he didnt own one. I was taken back at this and he said it was so that people he didnt want to talk to wouldnt be able to get a hold of him. We went out on a date in Decemember and a few weeks later I met another boy who pursued me faster than Zac at the time. So I was hanging out with both guys. Zac asked me out for Valentines day, I said yes. I then told the guy I was acutally dating and I felt bad, so I called Zac and told him all about the boy I was dating and that I couldnt go out with him on Valentines day. I was so sad. I told him to call me but I didnt hear from him. I was afraid to call his house because his mom wasnt saying nice things to others about me. Me and the other guy ended things in March and I left a note on Zacs truck asking him to call me....no response.
Novemeber 2005 I ran into Zac at a church function. I was soooo scared when I saw him. I thought he hated me. It took me forever to get the courage to talk to him. We talked for quite awhile and I asked him to call me. I tried giving him my ph# again and he told me he thought he had it somewhere. I tried to give it to him again and he said no that he would find my ph#. I thought for sure I would never hear from him again but he called in December and he came over and we talked and talked until 3 in the morning and we started dating after that. Zac said he had no intention of dating me or even hanging out with me. His plan was to hang out with me once so I wouldnt think that he hated me. He only wanted to see me that one time and be done with me...but I lucked out and he wanted to see me again and again.
I love him so much. He is an amazing husband and father. He works so hard to provide for us and I couldnt imagine my life without him. I know this is a long post but I wanted to have it all written down :)

2 comments:
Awwww, that is a cute story, I loved it! I am so happy you guys have each other and your 2 darling boys! I hope Zac has a cell phone now! ;) Happy Anniversary!!
That really is a neat story. Thanks for sharing! You guys make such a cute couple :)
Post a Comment